London 2012 Olympics: Business Planning and Delivery of the World's Largest Multimodal Urban Transport Programme
Location: London, UK
London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games were the two largest and arguably among the most successful peacetime events to take place in London. Transport was pivotal to delivering a successful London 2012 Games, involving years of planning and very successful collaboration between many agencies before and during the delivery phase.
LeighFisher was closely involved in the development, coordination, and delivery of the London 2012 Olympic Transport Plan. Our staff held a number of key roles in the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) transport teams. In addition, we provided expertise in other areas, including rail security strategies and business advisory work for the Department for Transport.
Our consultants specifically supported the delivery of a number of key programmes related to the London 2012 Transport Plan:
- Coordinated development of the National Olympic Transport Plan, acted as transport operations lead for London 2012 Paralympics, and provided staff in senior transport Games time functions
- Developed National Transport Security Strategy for London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and coordinated transport security risk assessment at all venues
- Filled Public Transport Advisory roles for London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and provided staff in senior transport Games time functions
- Acted as Operational Support Partner for the Transport Coordination Centre and the Olympic Park Transport Integration Centre
- We coordinated the development of the National Olympic Transport Plan
- We developed the National Transport Security strategy for the Olympics
- We supported the development of key transport control centers and participated in their operation through the Games period
- We contributed to the success of the London 2012 Games