McGill University Health Centre
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
LeighFisher provided lenders technical advisory services to prospective funders during the bid phase for the construction of the new Canadian $2 billion McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Glen Campus. Covering an area of 220,000 square meters, the Glen Campus will make it possible to centralize ambulatory services for 25 departments and offer dedicated areas for world-class teaching, research, and patient care. It will enable MUHC to become one of the world’s foremost academic health centres and has been planned with the goal of providing the Province of Quebec with a modern university teaching health centre with leading-edge healthcare, teaching, and research services and facilities within a state-of-the-art technological and architectural environment.
The planned healthcare facility is to be designed to accommodate new models of healthcare delivery based on the needs of patients and their families:
- The Adult Hospital: 346 en-suite single bedrooms, with associated treatment rooms and offices, on nine floors, with three further below ground service and car park floors
- The Children’s Hospital: 154 en-suite single bedrooms, with associated treatment rooms and offices, on eight floors, with three further below ground service and car park floors
- The Cancer Centre: Three floors with a further below ground, shielded, treatment floor
- The Research Centre: Two floors above ground and two below ground
- We provided technical advisory services, including technical and commercial due diligence, to the funders during the bid phase for the project, which raised $764 million through the sale of Senior Secured Bonds
- This is a major project for Montreal and the Province of Quebec
- As a Public-Private Partnership for over 30 years, the MUHC contributes to the financing mainly through its $300 million fundraising campaign, which reflects the community’s support for the project
LeighFisher and Jacobs.
Together, as one Jacobs.
Our global network of expertise is yours. We’re challenging what’s accepted and raising the bar in everything we do.