Jon Benger has 24 years of experience in business planning, and project and service management in the UK rail industry. During his 9 years with LeighFisher, he has undertaken a wide range of business strategy and planning assignments. His key experience includes:
- Writing project management work packages and business plans for UK rail franchise and concession bids
- Appraising the business case for infrastructure, rolling stock, and train service enhancements on the UK rail network
- Developing tender specifications for rail franchising authorities
- Undertaking an interim management role for a cross-industry business process change in Rail Settlement Plan Ltd.
- Assessing bids for rail franchises and concessions (UK and Ireland)
- Developing componenets of the Strategic Transport Projects review for Transport Scotland
Prior to joining LeighFisher, Jon was a member of the corporate strategic planning team in Network Rail, where his responsibilities included the management of output planning workstreams (including train service performance, safety) for corporate and cross-industry plans, and the development of industry cost and revenue models to forecast industry subsidy and affordability. He also liaised with industry partners to develop components of the Initial Industry Plan for Control Period 5 in September 2011.
During his 13 years with Great Western train operating company, he performed business analysis, systems development, and implementation and revenue management in the commercial department.